Team Typhoon Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shuppet Donk

4 posters

Go down

Shuppet Donk Empty Shuppet Donk

Post by The_Good_Doctor Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:58 pm

Pokémon: 18
4 [LA] Unown R
3 [LA] Uxie
2 [PL] Shuppet
2 [PL] Crobat G
2 [MD] Unown Q
2 [MT] Mr. Mime
1 [SS] Dunsparce
1 [PL] Banette
1 [LA] Regice

Trainers: 39
4 PlusPower
4 Pokemon Rescue
4 Pokédex HANDY910is
4 Poké Drawer +
4 Dusk Ball
4 Super Scoop Up
4 Team Galactic’s Invention G-105 Poké Turn
3 Roseanne’s Research
2 Expert Belt
2 Great Ball
2 Warp Point
1 Memory Berry
1 Luxury Ball

Energy: 3
3 Psychic Energy

Strategy:
Draw through your whole deck and do the Shuppet Set-Up. Put 'em to sleep/swing for massive damage before they knew what hit them What a Face What a Face

Last edited by The_Good_Doctor on Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
The_Good_Doctor
The_Good_Doctor

Back to top Go down

Shuppet Donk Empty Re: Shuppet Donk

Post by de Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:51 pm

take out the Regice and an Unown Q for 2 Moonlight Stadiums. This will give all your Psychic Pokemon free retreat. Take out 2 Pokemon Rescue for 2 more Shuppet. You need to have a lot of Shuppet if you want the deck to be more consistent.

de
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcanine King Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:59 am

Yeah you want 4 shuppet in each ShuppetDonk Deck
Arcanine King
Arcanine King

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Good_Doctor Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:03 am

de wrote:take out the Regice and an Unown Q for 2 Moonlight Stadiums. This will give all your Psychic Pokemon free retreat. Take out 2 Pokemon Rescue for 2 more Shuppet. You need to have a lot of Shuppet if you want the deck to be more consistent.

Arcanine King wrote:Yeah you want 4 shuppet in each ShuppetDonk Deck

Why? Do I not have enough draw support or recursion? I find I always see my Shuppet near-every game (there was one exception, but it's a card game, there have to be weird games with screwy hands).

Moonlight Stadium is far easier to get ride of than Unown Q, and would clog my hand if I draw the 2nd one... and I NEED to dump my hand for a Uxie drop. Pokemon Rescue, not only being the backbone of the deck, also empties my hand for said drops. If you guys don't play the deck, then let me say, IT'S BUILT upon Uxie drops.

In all: I have plenty of recursion and draw support. Great Ball, Dusk Ball, Rosanne's, ect. Shuppet hardely ever is recursed anyway, because it's so easy to draw it.

Unown R and Pokemon Rescue are he backbone of the deck. Playing and Unown R/Pokemon Rescue gives you a -1 once he's placed on the bench. I often times leave him there to prepare for a Uxie. More often then not, they are the last draw I use in a chain of draw cards (after Uxie, then any draw cards in my hand I just drew), and power me to more cards. This means TEMPORARY -1's that soon become +1's after a Uxie drop.

After that tiny rant you may wonder, "Why does he say Unown R is the backbone, when it's all being revolved around Uxie?"

Well good sir, that's because I know what i'm talking about! Unown R IS the backbone of the draw support and the deck in general, but Uxie is the MUSCLE. It powers me through my deck like no other, and does a brilliant job of doing what it does... sitting on the bench.

No, Shuppet isn't the "muscles" here as one would suspect... Shuppet is the FLESH. There is no deck without Shuppet, and there is no body without skin. Skin hold it all together, and gives it the ability to do something!

On a said note: I always seem to be going on about how -1's are necessary for the deck to work, and how I cannot have dead cards in my hand. You ask your selfs this" Isn't that what Regice does for you? Gives -1's AND gets ride of dead cards?"

Well, my friend, you would be correct. That's his purpose in here. So why not add in a 4th Rosanne's and more Crobat G? The answer is this: Regice is ALWAYS played last. I generally clear my bench of a Crobat to make room for him. He won't be in play when I need those cards in my hand, and it's simple as that.
The_Good_Doctor
The_Good_Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by de Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:26 pm

What happens if you prize both Shuppet then? I've prized both of my Claydols on numerous occasions. Maybe one Unown Q is fine, but with two, you are pressing your luck with your starting hand. If an opponent started with Uxie against your lone Unown Q, you lose provivided that the opponent has an energy.

de
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Good_Doctor Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:49 pm

de wrote:What happens if you prize both Shuppet then? I've prized both of my Claydols on numerous occasions. Maybe one Unown Q is fine, but with two, you are pressing your luck with your starting hand. If an opponent started with Uxie against your lone Unown Q, you lose provivided that the opponent has an energy.
''

Really, now...what ARE the odds of prizing both? I could even prize all four if I ran 4... so really... I'm not seeing much of an argument (though, mind this, it is still an argument).

Again, what are the odds of drawing it on my opening hand? Then run those odds against what the odds are of having no other Pokemon to begin with.

Besides, not EVERY deck is going to be unbeatable, and not every deck will open with a godsend every game.
The_Good_Doctor
The_Good_Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by hipoke Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:23 pm

The_Good_Doctor wrote:(there was one exception, but it's a card game, there have to be weird games with screwy hands).

GG. I know your deck is doing spectacular now, but ONE thing I would do is -1 something for +1 Shuppet.

hipoke

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Good_Doctor Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:31 pm

Actually I dropped a Uxie for a Dunsparce. It's like a Shuppet and a tech combined in one.
The_Good_Doctor
The_Good_Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum